Thursday, February 18, 2016

TESCO supermarket coffee adventure - part 3

Welcome back peeps! Grocery stores keep surprising me. Didn't see it coming at all actually. Maybe cuz I was simply not used to such a variety of anything. I was pleased to see several well-know specialty coffees in Lidl one day, among which Costa Rica Tarrazu and Colombia. By the way, you gotta keep an eye on the offers, for those are not available at Lidl right now during St. Valentine's celebration season. Waiting on new stuff to come later!

Then there was Carrefour with quite a long row of coffee and that sweet Tchibo stand with Mahlkönig grinder. I heard those grinders set standard for the industry and are super popular with coffee shops. The premium Guatemala coffee I got was quite good. So I am definitely coming for more.

Next on the list of supermarkets is Tesco. I don't really have one super close to where I live or on my daily route. So I just went to one intentionally with my fam to get some food. And, of course, take a glance at the coffee corner. This particular store has a cool graffiti drawing on the neighbouring old building on one side and a gorgeous church on the other. the rest of architecture isn't that fun, yet you don't really choose neighbours, ha?

After picking some tulips for my beloved I went hunting for my drug. Coffee. I didn't know what actually to expect for this was my very first time at Tesco. Tea and coffee stand was hidden in the very back. My guess is most people make several laps to find it. The good thing the shop itself wasn't that large. I took a look, saw some familiar brands like Nescafe, Jacobs, Lavazza. Those are big names and they take over half of the coffee space. Yet, I was in the mood for something less popular, not instant or already grinded.


Even though there were many packs of coffee there, I could still feel the smell which was a bit stronger than the rest, maybe fresher or just different. Hard to tell. I took a pack of MK cafe and pressed it a bit to get some of the air out. It was the one. Whole bean, special pack with one way valve (the idea is that it protects coffee from O2 coming,  but at the same time lets CO2 out of the pack), pleasant aroma. I'm in. Let's play.

P.S. The pack says 'Recommended by baristas'. Oh, I am intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment