Friday, March 11, 2016

Blikle desert shops - part 1

Desert comes first, then coffee

 Blikle

These fancy looking, welcoming and chocolaty smelling Blikle desert shops have been tempting me for a while. Usually lacking time I would just pass those with a thought that I must pop in one of those later. Love that wood in décor. Gives you a feel of quality and traditions going far into the old times. The rest also looks rich.
Really hard to ignore deserts in such a nice shop. Yet, I did this time, cuz I just wanted to try their coffee. And I know well that little cup of espresso and desert don't really go together. Desert requires a cappuccino or at least americano. Agree?
The place was empty with just me sitting and sipping espresso. I noticed a sweet modern machine these guys make espresso with. Can't tell you the brand, I tried not to be too intrusive or paparazzi to the barista/shop assistant lady. She was busy tiding the place, taking away the free cake samples (shoot, I was just a minute late for free stuff!).
Was coffee great? Rather ok, than something extraordinary. Crema wasn't that thick, and body was kinda too watery. However, it was good enough, generally speaking. I'm not sure on how much attention coffee gets in desert shops and Blikle in particular.
Cakes occupy the podium here. There is also wine being sold. My guess coffee is not number#1 drink. Yet, if you are craving for desert and would like to accompany it with a big coffee, you are very welcome. It is decent enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment