Tuesday, April 26, 2016

SO! COFFEE

COZY PLACE WITH A STARBUCKS STYLE

Espresso macchiato and cappuccino was our choice on entering SO!COFFEE for the first time. Guess what is the size of cappuccino above? Yep, big. Huge, frankly speaking. I didn't see it coming when agreed for a big one. Now I call it a ''bucket of coffee''. What was intended as a quick coffee stop turned out to be a bit longer to manage such a cup.
Any thoughts on seeing this? Reminds you of something? It feels like Starbucks inside to me. Soft small armchairs, lots of deserts to choose from, soda, juice, sandwiches and yes, coffee too. My espresso looked lonely without a cookie or a pie. Everything in SO!COFFEE is telling you to get a combo of coffee/tea plus desert.
Actually, espresso was decent enough. Couple other things impacted my first impression of the place though. Barista lady obviously not very enthusiastic or smiling, dirty glass with water, chipped cup (that bucket cappuccino one).
I think I know who might be a loyal customer here. People who have SO!COFFEE on their daily route or can stop by at lunch for a chat and coffee with something sweet. Customers in big malls taking a break from shopping. Friends meeting to catch up with the news in their lives. And probably fans of some good looking and tasting deserts.
To my mind, it is just another chain with similar set of drinks and foods. Good to have those around the city for they are cozy and just generally nice. No need to lose time driving/walking through jammed city traffic to get to some specific place. Yet, the coffee didn't really touch the strings of my '''sold to coffee' soul here. How about you? Did I miss anything I should have tried?


No comments:

Post a Comment